Monday, June 27, 2011

Regaining Composure- Post 1

As the years have past, more and more lies have been revealed about adoption and the harms of it. It not only damages the child for the rest of their life, it also damages the mother for the rest of her life as well. This is me, my life, my story as a natural mother and an adopted daughter. In recent years, I have placed my son out of coercion of the couple and the agency. When I was carrying my beautiful son, the adoptive couple wanted everything to do with me, we would eat out together, go on activities together but once the rights to my son were no longer mine, everything changed for the worse. When my son was born, he had to be in the NICU for several weeks. Immediately after birth, the adoptive mother took my son out of my arms and walked out of the room and there I was, I was alone in a strange place and no baby to prove that I had done anything. My mother recalls the adoptive mother looking into the glass room where my son lay hooked up to countless machines and the adoptive mother said, "I knew he was going to be early, but I had no idea my son would be hooked up to so many machines." Yes folks, you read that right, this woman referred to my son as her own son before I had signed any papers, made any final decisions, and when I was at my weakest. What drives adoptors to this point where they feel that every new born is theirs? This, this the world may never know.

1 comment:

  1. I am just so, so sorry for what you have been through! Like your son, my daughter was early and yes, the adoptress tried to make out she was hers. At that point I was still fighting them to keep her and have even told them I wasn't going through with the adoption. I wish things had been left like that. They were not and I too found myself without my child.

    I am so sorry too you know the other side of this; what it means to be adopted. I don't have that experience but it can't be easy. Am here if you ever need to just vent. Take care.

    Much love and hugs,
    Myst xxx

    ReplyDelete